Monday, July 4, 2011

Chafed Nipples

Chafed Nipples...I hate them!  Worst than a strained ankle or a sore muscle...because with those the pain will go away with a natural adrenaline rush or medication...not so with chafed nipples...

Anyone wondering what the hell I am talking about probably hasn't done a whole lot of long distance running.  Chafed Nipples, also called Jogger's Nipple, is caused by your nipple rubbing against your sweaty shirt (or clothing material) while you are working out...in most cases jogging or running longer distances.  IT IS ANNOYING AS HELL!!!

Well what got me on this subject is I have been working at trying to get back in to good shape.  Watching what I eat and drink, and doing various workouts at night and running longer distances (3-7 miles) several times a week.  I have thought about training for a half marathon lately (thanks in part to seeing my friend Craig running 17-20 mile runs and pushing the competitiveness in me up a little...thinking if he can do that I can too).  A good training tool is a runners journal or a runners blog to help keep track of what you are running and monitor your training easier...so I have decided to keep one...and I am naming it after the most irritating part about running for me and the one injury that no one really talks about...so if anyone is bored out of their skulls or is thinking about running and is curious to see what I do on a day to day basis feel free to check out my runners blog...Chafed Nipples
This is from my HS days

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you don't have any pics of your college cross country days.

    ReplyDelete